My Idea For This Blog

To set goals for myself that others can see & encourage me along the way.

Ok.....new for 2009-

I have decided that it is too hard for me in my life right now the way it was set up for last year.

The Lord has laid it on my heart that I must choose to ACT loving.......& part of that is being moderate in my choices.

So each day, I will record how I chose moderation, motivated by my love for God or my love for others. Also, I will choose loving actions & (mostly, I need to demostrate it in the area of MODERATION) because of God's love for me!

Thank-you to each & every one of you who will support & pray for me in this endeavor!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

TIME: Jan. 1-6th

Dec. 31st: 1:25am (really, went to bed Jan. 1) Ball Drop

Jan. 1st: 9:50 pm. First night trying this & I hit the sack late!!! Why? Well, I have my other blog I was trying to update from New Year's Eve & all, & I KNEW it was getting too late & I should get off the computer, but I thought if I really hurried through my bedtime routine, I would be ok.

However, a small conversation w/ Dave, & a needy & awake baby put me behind even more.

I don't feel bad about those two things, but I learned that I need to be headed to bed about 15 min., before I want to turn out the lights!

I'll be doing that tonight.

Jan. 2nd: Well, I did not start to bed as early as I wanted to. If only Blogging wasn't so fun!!!
But, I am headed in the right direction, as I hit the lights at 9:41pm on my cell phone clock!

I guess I am headed in the right direction, right?

ETA: the other thing is, I'm having a hard time falling asleep.....

Jan. 3rd: Confessions: staying up to watch the KU Bowl Game. Finally hit the sac about 11. After DH fixed the camera on my camera phone-which I use as an alarm clock.

Jan. 4th: I did not get to bed until after 1 am!!!! But, I had a good reason for that. My cousin was in Denver for a few days, so I went up there, picked her up, brought her home & spent the afternoon w/ her. I left my house at 9:45 pm, & drove 2 & a half hours round-trip to take her back up to Denver. She was such an encouragement to me, though, & yesterday, I needed it.

Not doing good at all on my goals, but I guess life happens....

Don't know how it will go tonight either, since Dave & Ana are skiing today. It's Ana's first time, so when they get back, I know I'll want to hear all about it, thus perhaps making a very late night.

Jan. 5th: In bed at 9:41pm

Jan. 6th: Having a hard time w/ falling asleep. No flames, here people-but the past few nights, I have taken NyQuil-due to congestion. But, I could just take a decongestant. However, w/ the adoption stress, Dave leaving for 6 weeks etc........I can't fall asleep! I just lay in bed & think.....

Counting Sheep

I DID make it to bed by 9:38 pm, though, so I keep moving in the right direction! Yeah, me!!!!



2 comments:

Jules said...

I went to bed at 11:20 p.m. last night and thought of you, Kim!

I should have gone at 10 p.m. but stayed on the forums and ate some (safe) food. ;)

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Joyce!

I did stay up last night, it being New Year's Eve & all.