My Idea For This Blog

To set goals for myself that others can see & encourage me along the way.

Ok.....new for 2009-

I have decided that it is too hard for me in my life right now the way it was set up for last year.

The Lord has laid it on my heart that I must choose to ACT loving.......& part of that is being moderate in my choices.

So each day, I will record how I chose moderation, motivated by my love for God or my love for others. Also, I will choose loving actions & (mostly, I need to demostrate it in the area of MODERATION) because of God's love for me!

Thank-you to each & every one of you who will support & pray for me in this endeavor!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jan. 7

I chose love by not getting cranky again! This is helping me SOOOOO much! It's amazing what a few changes in behavior will do!

Now, if I could only remember to make good decisions re. food, I would be doing MUCH better-but hey, one thing at a time, right?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thought I would share something with you.
If food is causing so much trouble, then get rid of, and never buy again the craving type foods.
Its easy to replace processed foods with stuff that nourishes instead of depleting.

If its not there, the temptation/boundries cannot be crossed.
Hugs,
Paula

Kim & Dave said...

Yes, Paula! For the most part, I do OK with food-I just don't buy "trigger foods." Now, if I could only get Dave to stop bringing them home........we both would be a whole lot healthier, lol!

But, lately, I am sooooo mindless that if anything is on the counter-it goes in my mouth!

Do you have any ideas re. these two issues?

Thanks for your encouragement!

Unknown said...

Hmm, For Steve, it was a matter of sharing with him what kind of poisons were in processed foods.
MSG for one, has 40 different names and hides in all processed foods. Fake sugars are poison as well.
Its not a matter of they make you unhealthy, its the fact that they slowly, and with some people quickly kill you.

A look at the lists of what symptoms there are, and comparing with your own symptoms is very telling.
Thinking along the lines of what it is doing to your loved ones can bring a great deal of change without forcing it.
I can get you several links if you like.

Steve has embraced the changes finally,(without my pushing him :o) ) and he has none of the typical symptoms that the medical community says a diabetic must live and deal with by way of drugs.
Yes, he uses insulin. Thats a given! But we no longer need to utilize antibiotics and drs. for infections, because they do not happen anymore.
Paula

Kim & Dave said...

I am so glad Steve can function with just insulin, Paula!!

I need to run Ana to ballet, but I will think on the rest of your comment! :-)

Unknown said...

Here is a leading question.
How does your family feel and behave after eating at a restaurant?